Trip to Dombay


Dombay is a beautiful town in Russia. To anyone who loves nature, this place suits you.


I went to Dombay for my Spring trip (April 2016) because I got a few days off due to public holiday. Subscribed to travel agency and we went there by bus. The travel agency took charge on the transportation and homestay. The journey took about the whole night if I'm not mistaken. Like 12-13 hours or maybe less. I just couldn't remember as I went there 8 months ago.

Day 1 - SNOWBOARDING DAY!

So I was so excited because it was my very first time trying this extreme sport. For a beginner, it was really tiring because I needed to strengthen myself and high up my motivation not to give up. It was not easy as at that time I was too stingy to pay for 300 rubles to use the rotating rope to get to the top. So I overwhelmed myself with difficulty to hike up the snowy mountain with the snowboard same sized as me. What I could say, it is not too difficult to know how to slide using the snowboard even I found it impossible at the beginning. As it was way too enjoyable, I spent the whole day at the mountain, polishing up my skill. & I was in loved with this sport I swear!! Even my head almost burst hitting the ground, my body sore with pain. Somehow it worth every penny i paid off.




Dombay is famous with halal food so it is like heaven of food for us Muslims. Dombay is like a place where we should spend our money on meats. However, the heaven is only to those who get money that goes down the stream. But yeah, Dombay is also about makan, makan and makan!


And the people are kind and cheerful. Especially the Mama who took care of our hospitality.

Day 2 - Horseback-riding, ATV ride, BBQ

There was a guy who offered a ride. And he also knew someone that would rent us the horse for our next activity. We were so lucky back then to get the cheap service; the car and the horses and also the driver! My horse named Mark, we walked together and I brought him to have some snacks. Mark's village is sooo beautiful. The mountains sit as the background.

Then after satisfied ourselves with horse-back riding, we forced that brother to find chickens and hotdogs for BBQ and after that we once again begged him to bring us to anyone that could rent us ATVs. And then we again got to ride ATV with affordable price. Hiking up the mountain and I would never know how to erase this memory unless I got amnesia. The view, Subhanallah!

During the evening, we prepared for BBQ. It was our last night in Dombay as we were leaving on the next morning. But some russians had spoiled our mood when they poured liquor or alcohol onto our food. What a rude acting. They said it would be helpful to light up the fire. Yes it was but we truly didn't need that kind of 'help'. Luckily, only 2 pieces of chicken 'dead'. Enjoy tetap enjoy.




Day 3 - going back already

So early in the morning, we went out to the pekan and hunted for some food and also souvenirs. On our back to Volgograd, the bus stop at a restaurant where we could catch the fish on our own. Of course using the fishing rod and we just needed to catch from the pool. And the water originally supplied from the mountain. After eating, we returned to bus and pin off our eyes on the scenery from the bus as we were going back to hectic life very soon.



I miss Dombay so much, hopefully I could go there again.



0 comments:

Post a Comment